Effective April 21, 2020, Microsoft is re-branding the Office 365 services that are widely used in small and medium-sized businesses to become “Microsoft 365.” By Brian Allison, April 21, 2020 New Product Names The new product names go into effect on April 21, 2020. This is a change to the product name only, and there are no pricing or feature changes at this time.
- Office 365 Business Essentials will become Microsoft 365 Business Basic.
- Office 365 Business Premium will become Microsoft 365 Business Standard.
- Microsoft 365 Business will become Microsoft 365 Business Premium.
- Office 365 Business and Office 365 ProPlus will both become Microsoft 365 Apps. Where necessary we will use ...
Ransomware Report for Small and Midsize Businesses (SMB)
- Downtime and data loss are more costly to the business than the ransom
- More SMBs are reporting attacks to the authorities
- Fewer SMBs are paying the ransom
- Paying the ransom too often results in data remaining encrypted-the hostage is not released
- Ransomware often remains in the victim’s network even after paying, leading to another attack
- The arms race between security and ransomware continues, so data protection is essential
Medical Providers boiling mad from Allscripts extended outage- update The outage was caused by a ransomware infection at NC data centers for the Electronic Health Record (EHR) cloud-based service. Without access to patient records, practices were shut down for days and kept in the dark. Brian Allison, Sales and Marketing Manager, INCS Charlotte, NC. June 1, 2018 This exchange was reported from the comments on the health info site HIStalk: ”Totally unacceptable that 48 hours later my practice is still down…” Jorit Wijnmaalen, @SunCoastSeminar, Jan 19 “Agreed. Can’t access patient records AT ALL since (Jan 18).” Adrian Lloyd ...
Microsoft announced last year that there will be a successor to Office 2016, the current version of the popular office suite that is bought on a “perpetual license” basis, meaning there is one payment made at time of purchase, and the software doesn’t get updates. This contrasts with the Office 365 subscription version, which is paid for monthly and is regularly updated with new features for as long as the customer subscribes. The subscription model is popular as a component of Managed Service Plans offered by IT service companies, and is often bundled with Exchange Online for email service. This ...